BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Twitter Backgrounds »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Egg Salad Debaucle

For those of you who follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or Myspace (again, the accounts are linked) by now you may have seen a lone photo of the egg salad experiment gone horribly wrong.

I decided to go ahead and post a bit about what was done and how wrong it all went.

Following the recipe I found here. I first boiled some eggs and then put them in a bowl for 24 - 36 hours.


I hard boiled 6 eggs so that way 3 could make the egg salad and then I had 3 left for if I messed up - which in the end I felt I did.



The dying was pretty even but it would have gone better had I had the eggs surrounded in beet juice rather than (what I did) and pour it in and then cover exposed bits with actual beets (later leaving darker spots where I'd done just that).

After about 12 hours I went back in and rolled the eggs over so they entire egg would be dyed.


I started this with two things I wanted to do.
1) I wanted to substitute mayo with hummus

2) I felt egg salad could really use some bacon

Now for the half-assed instructions.

I got pretty much everything I planned to use out and ready. Amongst these items was a red-orange piece of Tupperware to mix everything in so that I wouldn't have to worry about beet juice dying something else.

I cut up three slices of bacon into relatively small pieces, making sure to feed a little bit of bacon fat to my sweet doggy.

While the bacon cooked,

I cut up the eggs.

Added the hummus. A few spices.

A little bit of champagne dill mustard.

And once it was finished, bacon. In the end it was SO visually unappealing that I didn't bother taking a photo.

The end result was a sour stomach and the rest being fed to the dog.

Well, that's all I've got for your at the moment. But I can tell you that I have another entry for the Om Nom Nomtionary coming soon.

0 comments: